We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data which we obtain from our website visitors and our customers and suppliers. This policy applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website or buy or supply goods or services to us and you provide us with your personal information. This policy sets out what details we store, how we use them and how we will treat your personal information.
Who we are
This website is operated by Technical Engineering Services Limited T/A Techbelt, and our registered office and trading address is at Level 0, 1850 Mill Shaw Lodge Mills, Halifax, HX3 9ET.
Technical Engineering Services Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (as applicable the “Legislation”) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information. We take all appropriate measures to comply with the Legislation.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and we will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- personal information about you, such as your name and contact details. For example your email address when you make an enquiry. We also collect personal information when you contact us via the online form;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our business, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- any other information that you choose to send to us or we require in order to provide you with goods and/or services.
Using your personal data
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable us to supply you with the goods and/or services you wish to buy from us or to enable us to buy goods or services from you;
- send orders, statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you or make payments to you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology; (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications by contacting us (see how to CONTACT US below);
- deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to the website and/or our business;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or any purpose which does not relate to the supply of goods or services to you or the purchase of goods or services from you.
All our website financial transactions are handled through Paypal. All credit and debit card payments are processed externally by these payment providers and no card details are processed or held by us or by this website. You can review their privacy policies here:
Who your information might be shared with
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
International data transfers
Information that we collect will be stored and processed in the UK. We do not usually transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) except where third party suppliers (such as MailChimp) are located or their servers are located outside the EEA.
We only use such third party suppliers where the appropriate legal safeguards are in place. (For example MailChimp are certified under the Privacy Shield.)
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Your individual rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to processing;
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (we do not carry out automated decision making and profiling);
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (See the CONTACT US information below).
Right to access – i.e. to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold. If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Techbelt Limited, Level 0, 1850 Mill Shaw Lodge Mills, Halifax HX3 9ET;
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
- let us know what information you want.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below);
- let us have enough information to identify you; and;
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email and/or newsletter; and/or
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information below). You are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervising authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
We store your personal data on secure servers for the shorter period of:
- 6 years from the date you last contacted us where you are or have been a customer or a supplier; or
- 6 years where you are a prospective customer or supplier;
- within 7 days of the date you ask us to destroy it; or
in each case unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period.
via email at email@example.com
Or by post to:
Technical Engineering Services Ltd.
Level 0, 1850 Mill
Shaw Lodge Mills